Friday, March 8, 2013

Madeline is One Month



Dear Madeline,

You are one month old already! You have been such a joy and a blessing in our life. I did not expect to be so exhausted as a new mom, I sometimes cannot even think straight. However it is so worth it. I love every minute I have with you and love you more than I could have imagined. Daddy and I get so excited at each little thing you do. This month has already been full of adventures. Grandpa, Grammie, Rachel, Kevin, Russell, David and Angela came to California to see you. Grammie, Grandpa, Rachel and Angela already have come twice. They got to be there at your baby blessing. It was such a Sweet and special day.

You did not like your first bath. But after a while you really enjoyed having a bath. You were not a very good sleeper. You would only sleep in our arms. You liked best to be on mommy and daddies chest. This made sleep difficult for us but those were such sweet and tender moments. I remember feeling so blessed and grateful to Heavenly Father as you slept on my chest. Sometimes you would also sleep in the Mamaroo. You enjoyed the movement of the chair and the angle it put you in. You also really fought sleep. You were very alert and would it seemed as though you always wanted to be apart of the action and see what was happening. Daddy would say that you got that from your mommy. Looking back I think you had reflux pretty badly so sleep was difficult for you. You also had a little bit of jondus so we would lay you by the window and let the sun reach you. You loved the sun. You might be a beach lover like your mom.

During this first month you experienced Thanksgiving. We went to Grandma and Grandpa Adams home with your Hales family. There were lots of people there and I think it first overwhelmed you. I took you upstairs and feed you and then you were content. Everyone adored you. I was such a nervous little mom at that point.

You were so tiny when you were born, 5 pounds and 11 ounces, 19 inches. 5th percentile You did not even fit into newborn clothes or newborn diapers. Thanks to Grammie and Grandpa and Rachel you were well taken care of. Rachel went out and picked up darling preemie outfits and preemie diapers. As the month went on you grew. You are such  a good eater. By one month you were  8 pounds and 7 ounces and wearing newborn diapers and clothes.

Just at your one month point you rolled over for the first time and would do it pretty sporadically. The first time was on daddy's belly. You also smiled for the first time at dad. You also laughed in your sleep, it was so cute.


During your first month you loved being in the Mamaroo. You also loved being in the Bjorn. You would fall asleep in the Bjorn while mommy did chores or went shopping. I cannot remember the first store you went to. Probably Target or Joanne's or the grocery store. Maddie you were so responsive and alert. You are one smart little girl. We would stick out our tongue and you would mimic us.  It was so cute. You loved having my hand on your cheek. You loved your binky even though mommy fought it for the first few days. You loved to be talked to. When someone sings to you you quickly calm down. Especially if it is sung to you in your ear.Mommy sang Skidermirk many times and I am a child of God. But there are many songs you heard. Grammie, Rachel and I love to sing to you.  You also liked it when mommy said, "Mommy's here, mommy loves you, your OK, you can do it." You also crossed your eyes a lot at this stage. You and mommy spent most of your time in the front room. You just adored looking ta the Christmas tree lights. I was sad to take the tree down when it was time. Your little personality was already coming out. You are stubborn. Stubborn in a good way. I hope you will use that to be stubborn in good things and accomplish many things in your life.


We love you and can't wait for your next adventures!!

                                                                                  LOVE, Mom and Dad








LOOK AT HOW YOU HAVE GROWN:









No comments:

Post a Comment