MADELINE'S FIRST BACK TO JERUSALEM DINNER
My side of the family has this special tradition called Back to Jerusalem. (Actually we used to call it Back to Jesus, but some thought that was disrespectful.) This began when we were kids as a way to remember what Christmas is all about. Christmas can be full of presents, Santa, hustle and bustle, which makes it easy to forget the Savior. My parents would gather us together and focus on Jesus Christ. My dad would make a feast full of interesting food that the Savior would have eaten when he was on this earth. For example some things he prepared were figs, grapes, olives, lamb, and flat bread. We always ate on the floor with candlelight and with no silver wear. When we were little we would also dress like the time period. During our feast we always talked about the nativity in some way. Reading scriptures, unwrapping a nativity set, or singing Christmas hymns. This was a tradition I always looked forward to. As a grown up it is a tradition I want to keep up. I want my children to understand and remember the Savior during this special time of year. Looking back upon this, it was one way in which my parents shared their testimony with us about Jesus Christ. I always knew they loved the Savior and were righteous followers of Him. Since Nate and I have been married we have carried on this tradition. We have invited friends and family to share in our unique dinner. This year we shared it with Grandma, Grandpa, Julie, Jared, Lilly, Coby and of course Madeline. I hope Madeline and our future children will grow to know the Savior and will see and feel my testimony of Him.
Our feast, I was so proud of Lilly and coby for trying so many things.
Nate reading the nativity story through the scriptures.
Enjoying Madeline
We love spending time with this lovely bunch. Madeline loves her cousins, Julie and Jared and Grandma and Grandpa. We all were trying so hard to get her to smile and roll over.... We are so grateful to live by family!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment